Whether you’re looking to impress a potential new client, bedazzle customers with advertising material, or you just want to sound interesting at your next corporate cleaning event – being armed with a selection of industrial cleaning facts and figures can often be the difference between making a sale and going home empty handed.
So, with that in mind, here are some interesting pieces of information about commercial cleaning which you and your customers may not be aware of.
1. Office desks are often found to be 400 times dirtier than a toilet seat – and that’s got nothing to do with any unpleasant surprises left in your boss’ desk drawer.
2. 98% of all office workers will be affected by some form of contagious disease in their lifetime thanks to poor workplace sanitation methods, something which could be drastically reduced through the widespread use of steam cleaners.
3. 15% of men and 7% of women don’t wash their hands after going to the toilet, and just 1 gram of faeces can contain 1 million bacteria and 10 million viruses – I guess that explains the first point then.
4. Nearly a third of all workers say their workplace makes allergy symptoms worse, and absences due to this costs the UK £7.1 billion every year. In a dusty environment a vacuum sweeper can be a godsend for sufferers.
5. In hospitals 75% of toilets were found to fail required hygiene standards, as did 24% of blood sugar monitors, 35% of temperature probe holders, and 50% of bed-covers or mattresses.
6. In 2015 Europe’s businesses spent collectively more than $26 billion on rental equipment, a significant proportion of which is made-up by cleaning equipment hire.
7. Office cleaning accounts for 31% of all commercial cleaning industry revenue, which is estimated to total around £5.6 billion per year.
8. Around 448,400 people work in the UK’s contract cleaning industry within 32,000 different companies, 1% of which provide more than 50% of the work available.
9. On average 55% of all cleaning company contracts are lost due to bad service – nobody was ever sacked for doing too good a job, unless you’ve mistakenly cleaned up somebody’s work at a modern art gallery.
10. 90% of all commercial cleaners in the USA employ some form of mechanical device to assist them – the rest are probably knackered.
If you’re looking for another couple of facts, you’ll be glad to know that we are an official Kärcher specialist with more than 30 years’ experience in the commercial cleaning industry. We specialise in providing spot-hire and long term rental options on a wide range of scrubber dryers, professional sweepers, steam cleaners and much more. Get in touch with a member of our friendly and helpful team today on 0844 967 1930.